Your K. Your Way. Supporting Youth Mental Health
RBC Race for the Kids is Back! Design your race, your way, and join us on October 15, 2023 to support youth mental health! Register today and save up to $5* on race fees. Plus, every participant will receive a FREE race t-shirt, while supplies last.
Join us on or before October 15 for the 2023 RBC Race for the Kids and help us grow RVH to expand access to lifesaving mental health care for all the children in our region and the families who love them.
All proceeds from the race, including race fees, go to supporting RVH’s Child and Youth Mental Health program.
A big “Thank You!” goes out to our generous Cause Champion Sponsor, PureHealth Pharmacy, for their on-going support of RVH’s Child and Youth Mental Health Programs.
Come Celebrate With Us!
Join us Sunday, October 15 at the Allandale Station Park along Barrie’s waterfront for an afternoon of fun with entertainment, food, family-friendly activities and more! You can complete your distance of choice and pick up your commemorative RBC Race for the Kids t-shirt.
Together, we can have a direct impact on the lives of thousands of young people across the Simcoe Muskoka region. Join us as we raise funds to ensure young people in crisis have the right care when and where they need it, close to home.
Click the button or fill out the form below to let us know if you plan to attend our big celebration!
Event Day Schedule
- Event opens for arrival
- T-shirt pickup at Keep Life Wild + RBC Booths
- KOOL FM onsite with games, prizes, and music
- Opening Remarks from RVH and RBC
- Fundraising Incentive Prize Ceremony
- RVH President and CEO, Gail Hunt, to lead a group stretch
- Jady Balloon Twister, Face Painting + Glitter Tattoo begins
- Musician, Kat Chabot, will provide live entertainment
- Domino’s Pizza Barrie will be handing out a free slice of pizza for each participant
Not Registered Yet? There is Still Time – Register Today!
All participants will receive a free race day t-shirt and access to a fun-filled afternoon at Allandale Station Park on October 15 including live music, family-friendly activities, and a free pizza lunch care of Dominos Barrie.
Fundraising Incentives – Raise More. Get More.
- Everyone who registers will receive a commemorative RBC Race for the Kids t-shirt, while supplies last.
- Everyone who raises $100 will receive a $10 Tim Hortons gift card.
- The first 20 participants to raise $250 will receive a limited edition Keep Life Wild tote bag.
- The first 10 participants who raise $500 will receive limited edition Keep Life Wild baseball cap.
- Every participant who raises $1,000 or more will receive an incredible Keep Life Wild quarter zip sweater.
- The top individual fundraiser will receive a Keep Life Wild prize pack valued at $300
- The top fundraising team will have the opportunity to enjoy a celebratory meal with a $500 gift card to a local restaurant.
- The cut-off for to reach incentive prizing tiers is Friday, October 6, 2023.
Why Your Support Matters
Your support will directly impact the lives of young people experiencing a mental health crisis, and the families who love them.
Without the support of our community, we simply wouldn’t have the mental health resources available to our children that we do today. It’s thanks to the generosity of donors like you that RVH has a Child and Youth Mental Health (CYMH) inpatient program here in Simcoe Muskoka.
Through the Hearts and Minds campaign, you helped us raise more than $25 million to open the eight-bed inpatient unit at the end of 2017. Since then, approximately 2,400 children have been able to access life-saving inpatient mental health care at RVH.
That’s close 500 young people each year who can get critical mental health care close to home and close to the comfort and support of family and friends.
And that care doesn’t stop upon discharge. Our patients, their caregivers and families are all part of the treatment and transitional plan, including continuing care, in collaboration with our community partners and our own outpatient programs, for as long as that care is needed.
Our region is growing, outpacing the resources available. RVH is the only regional health centre in Simcoe Muskoka to provide this important care for our kids. An expansion to RVH, and to our CYMH program, will help ensure we can provide this care to everyone who needs it here in our region, helping our kids to stay healthy and stay wild.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
Cause Champion Sponsor:
Celebration Day Sponsor: